Flu Vaccines are here! Call to schedule your appointment.
October 21, 2022Arbor News
Influenza season is right around the corner and Arbor Family Medicine is up to the task of identifying and managing various types of influenza. More importantly, we have special ordered specific influenza vaccines that match to the health needs of our patients. Remember, not all flu vaccines are created equal! Although we are very excited to start immunization process for 2022-2023 flu season, we are continuing to ask our patients to wear masks, wash or sanitize hands, and schedule appointments for flu shots.
A few things to consider before you get your flu vaccine this year:
- We highly encourage patients to get their flu vaccines from their doctor’s office. You may require a different dosage or type of flu vaccine based on your age and/or your health condition.
- If you do not have active health insurance coverage – no worries! Our patients can self-pay for traditional flu vaccine for just $40 per dose (excludes High-Dose or FluBlok-egg free).
- If you received your flu shot elsewhere, please bring your flu shot information (where received, when received, and what type of flu vaccine received) to our office to update your medical records.
Receiving your flu vaccine during a pandemic:
- You can get your flu shots at both the Thornton and Westminster locations. Please call our office to discuss available days and times to schedule your appointment. All patients need to schedule an appointment.
- Flu shots are available to existing patients only. You will receive a confirmation via email or text so you can pre-check-in prior to your appointment. This will expedite the process.
- When COVID transmission rates are low, masks are only required in our facility for those who are sick. When moderate, masks are required in common areas. When high, masks are required for everyone.
- PLEASE do not come for your flu shot if you are sick or have been diagnosed with COVID within the last 10 days.